Snowy Hydro is described as one of the civil engineering wonders of the world and brings one-third of renewable energy to the Australian Electricity Market.
CETEC collaborated with Precision Laser Cleaning (PLC) on a lead chromate pigment removal project at Snowy Hydro’s Murray 1 Power Station. Having designed a suitable extraction system CETEC monitored the paint removal areas for surface-based and airborne lead, chromium and hexavalent chromium in dust to verify the stringent Safework Australia exposure limits were well met.
New South Wales
- Design a suitable extraction system to channel hazardous waste
- Monitor paint removal for surface-based and airborne dust containing lead, chromium and hexavalent chromium
- Verify that stringent Safework Australia exposure limits for airborne lead, chromium and hexavalent chromium were met
- A site free of heavy metal contamination (lead, chromium and hexavalent chromium)
- Refurbishment could go on unhindered and health and safety of workers assured
- Compliance to legal and contractual obligations
- Mitigate risk for the removalist and client